Wednesday, June 10, 2009

just do it.

My heart is heavy about the shooting today at the Holocaust Museum. I cannot write about it yet, because my head is swimming. Ugh.

I spent today on the hill advocating for increased funding for domestic and sexual violence services. If you have never lobbied, I strongly encourage you to attend an advocacy day with a group of your choice. They are supposed to listen to us and will give you the attention you deserve. Overall, we were treated very respectfully by the Missouri delegation (i say 'overall' because there were a couple moments of disrespect but nothing major).

For more information about how to do this lobbying thing, I'd recommend a book called Lobbying for Social Change (this one is a little pricey, buy an earlier edition or find it at a library...).

No comments:

 
Who links to me?